Information regarding Our SDK:
Development SDKs are a complex topic, so please contact us with specific SDK questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
X9Ware offers a developer SDK (software development kit) which provides read/write access to x9 files at both the record and individual field level. The SDK is 100% Java and allows x9 applications to be quickly and easily developed, tested, and implemented. We believe that our SDK has the highest throughput capabilities for x9 parse and validation as compared to any other tool you will find within the industry. The SDK contains many ancillary x9 functions for the x9 developer such as TIFF image draw and IRD creation. Our SDK is a proven product with customer implementations in Windows, Linux, and AIX. This includes stand alone JVMs as well as more complex environments such as WebSphere. The SDK supports full multi-threaded processing within a server environment.
The SDK is 100% Java with no dependencies on more complex technologies such as JNI with a minimal dependency on third party JARs. Our baseline requirement is JDK 1.7 and we are fully compatible with JDK 1.8. Since the SDK is 100% Java, it can be run on a wide variety of supported platforms, including the majority of all LINUX and UNIX systems.
The SDK can be utilized in varying user environments. This includes stand along (command line applications) or server based systems such as Apache Tomcat, or custom environments.
The SDK has is fully self defined with all resource files embedded as internally defined resources. This implementation means that we have no dependencies on external files or folders. These resources include our internally defined components such as x9 rules, tiff rules, messages, packaged images, etc. Our technical design allows you to define these resources in external folders to override our JAR definition or add your own components as needed.
The SDK uses SLF4J to provide logging flexibility. An implementation is provided that is based on use of the JDK logger that can be replaced with LOG4J.
The SDK is an evolving process and continues to be enhanced as we add new functions to our x9 tools. The philosophy at X9Ware has been to implement all primary x9 functions within the SDK and to then expose that functionality directly to our user base using such tools as X9Assist and X9Utilities. With this approach, you can essentially use the SDK to perform a wide array of functions that are demonstrated in X9Assist. Our x9 rules engine is implemented within the SDK, which means that you can use it to both validate and create x9 files using any of our defined x9 rules configurations. You can also create your own customized x9 rules which will allow you to validate x9 files against your own x9 variants.
The X9Ware SDK is not an afterthought. It is used internally by X9Assist to perform virtually all x9 related I/O functions. Most of the X9Assist tools are built into the SDK itself, so they are available to our SDK users. For example, x9 file validation and tiff image repair are complex functions that are available from the SDK. Consistent use of the SDK within X9Assist simplified the development of our product and we know that it can do the same for you.The SDK is also not a static product. Our philosophy of building upon the SDK will continue. This toolkit will be expanded and improved as X9Assist enhancements are implemented.
Our SDK includes Java classes that map the logical fields that exist within that x9 record type. This field level interface allows your application to work at the field level for both read and write (modify) operations. This field level interface also exists for the type 31 credit reconciliation record and is implemented in a manner that supports custom type 31 record formats per your own definition.
Examples of functions that can be performed by the SDK:
- Full multi-thread support to process multiple files concurrently
- Read/Write x9 files at both the record and field level
- Parse of x9 files into record level objects that can be searched and modified
- x9 file validation at the x9 record and image level
- TIFF validation and repair
- Image rescaling and conversion
- Check and IRD image drawing
- Paid stamp for overlay onto back side check images
- Image too light / too dark analysis
- Retrieve and modify individual x9 fields
- Access individual images on both input and output
- Dynamically draw images to create x9 data for test systems (similar to Make)
- Dynamically draw IRDs (image replacement documents) including the endorsement chain and return reason
- Import/Export x9 to and from csv files
- Make/Generate/Scrub of x9 files using pre-configured configurations
- Extensive logging based on SLF4J (Simple Logging Facade) which is pluggable for log4j, logback, etc
- And other similar low level functions
The X9Ware SDK has advantages over similar products offered by other vendors:
- More functionality
- There IS NOT a run time license key validation performed by the SDK
- There are no timeouts or expiration dates built into the product
- Once licensed, ongoing usage is based on maintenance renewals (on an honor basis) since we do not want your production applications aborting due to license key issues
SDK Source Code:
Source code is an add-on feature for our SDK. Acquiring the source code does require that we execute a two way confidentiality agreement. We provide the source code option because we realize that you may use our SDK to develop production applications, and that we must create and sponsor an environment where the resulting application can be supported (by both of our teams) on a 24×7 basis. This support is our most important consideration.