The Item Viewer is launched from the DashBoard using either the tool bar or by clicking one of the thumbnail images for the current item. The Item Viewer allows the data and image to be displayed for a given item within the same panel. It provides a larger scale image and hence image features that otherwise may not be readily visible from the smaller check images displayed within the DashBoard. It also implements alternative viewer modes which are implemented using tabs located on the right.
The Item Viewer also has enhanced functionality which is made available through action buttons located at the bottom of the panel.
- Viewer: Shows the x9 fields for the current item on the left and the front/back images on the right.
- Front: Displays a zoomed front image for the current item.
- Back: Displays a zoomed back image for the current item.
- TiffTags: Displays the tiff tags that are associated with the front and back images that are associated with the current item.
- Hex: Displays the current x9 record group in hexadecimal format.
The Item Viewer includes previous and next functions which allow you to walk through the images that are located within a given batch. This is convenient allows you to examine images within the current x9 file while remaining within the viewer itself. When paging forward or backward, the viewer will continue to show items until the very last item within the x9 file is displayed. This browsing process may automatically move forward to the next bundle or cash letter based on the current x9 file structure. The Item Viewer returns to the DashBoard when there are no more items to be displayed.
Item Viewer Tools
The following tools are implemented within the Item Viewer:
- Export: exports the current image to an external image file. TIFF images are written in their current byte format and are not converted in any manner. Images can be saved in other image formats (eg, JPG, PNG, etc) and will have be converted from TIFF when selected.
- Copy: copies the current image to the operating system clipboard, allowing it to be used in other tools.
- Item Data: appends a bottom strip to the displayed image that includes data from the current item record.
- Ocr Reco: appends a bottom strip to the displayed image that includes data as determined by the X9Ware E13B recognition engine.
- MICR Gauge: inserts a standard E13B micr line gauge into the image to provide immediate feedback on how the micr line was positioned when drawn.
- Sharpen: sharpens the current image to improve clarity.
- Rotate: rotates the current image which helps if the capture orientation was incorrect.
Note that the image heading includes the image size (in bytes), image dimensions (in inches), and the DPI that was used to encode the image pixels.
TiffTags mode shows the TIFF tags that are associated with the front-back image pair that is associated with the current item. This tool provides immediate feedback on the TIFF tags which are present and eliminates the need to export the image for this analysis. The “sev” column contains an icon which indicates the severity of any errors which were identified during validation.
The IFD (Image File Directory) from the image is displayed in hex format on the right, providing access to very detailed information regarding the associated TIFF tags.
Hex mode shows the x9 records within the current item group in hexadecimal format. There is no attempt to reformat this data in any way. This data comes directly from the x9 file and will be shown in the character set (EBCDIC or ASCII) as used within that file. Images are included in the formatted data when present.
The hex display includes the file offset for each x9 record that is shown. This offset allows you to open the x9 file in another file viewer (eg, HxD) and use the record offset to further analyze the record level content.