X9Ware LLC provides X9.37 (Check21) and ACH tools for the financial industry. This includes desktop tools with all of the functions commonly needed to support areas such as operations, testing, and development. Files can be viewed and validated using all common industry standards. X9Ware also provides our X9Utilities product which is a command line tool with commonly used batch x9 functions including read, write, import, export, validate, merge, and scrub. For example, the X9Utilities “-write” function can be used to create an x9.37 file from your CSV and image data for any financial institution, in their required x9 format. X9Utilities is the easiest tool you will find in the marketplace today to create these files. Our SDK provides an API that brings the power of our tools directly to the Java Developer. X9Ware continues to enhance our tools with major releases in every year of our existence since 2012. You can depend on X9Ware to bring the functionality and support that you need today and into the future.
Please reference our Customer Testimonials to see what our users are saying about our capabilities and support.
We have an expanding customer base that includes a significant and growing number of the Top 20 North America Financial Institutions. We encourage you to download and install an evaluation copy of X9Assist so you can see the benefits of our desktop tools in your environment. All of our desktop GUI products are supported from a single installer which is available on our website. This means that you can download and install X9Assist, use it as our freeware viewer, perform an X9Assist evaluation at your convenience, and all without having to download and install separate applications. The X9Assist evaluation provides all application functionality with a file limit of 50 checks. You can run validations and file generations and thus experience the extensive information that is provided by these integrated tools.
Some examples of what can be done with our X9Assist desktop tool are as follows:
- Create x9 validation results in Excel format that your testing team can quickly and easily use to provide feedback to your originators.
- Create x9 files from scratch from your MICR test cases which can be defined and maintained using Excel spreadsheets.
- Create and print checks from your MICR test cases that can be used for remote capture or branch capture testing.
- Create sanitized production x9 files so you can use them in testing and not compromise the confidentiality of your customer data.
- Create large volume and sanitized x9 files (eg, over 100,000 items) per your requirements to be used for stress and performance testing.
- Compare two x9 files for differences in either the data or images.
The following standards and variants are supported by our validation and data generation tools:
- NACHA (ACH 2013 standards)
- x9.37 (2003)
- x9.100-187 (2008 and 2013)
- x9.100-187+UCD (2008 and 2013)
- x9.100-187+CPA 015 (support for the Canadian Companion Document: CPA 015)
- x9.100-180 (2006)
- EndPointe Exchange
- East Caribbean ACH
All of our desktop tools are executed from a single download (installer) with functionality then derived from your license key.
- X9Lite is our freeware x9 file viewer that can open, parse, and display an ICL (forward presentment) file of up to 1,000 items. X9Lite does not support ICLR (returns) files and will only show the front side check image.
- X9Vision is our full function file viewer that builds on our X9Lite freeware viewer which supports an unlimited file size as well as ICLR (returns) files. X9Vision incorporates our Image Viewer which shows full scale front and back check images which can be easily launched using the thumbnails that are provided within the primary x9 viewer. X9Vision also adds find and filtering at the item level, and an open-recent ist which makes it easy to reference the files and folders that have been recently opened.
- X9Validator builds on our X9Vision product by adding enhanced functions including validate, modify, repair, export, and merge. Validate applies appropriate validation rules at the record and field levels per established x9 industry standards. Errors are identified and summarized based on severity and frequency. Modify allows you to easily adjust the value of individual fields within x9 records. Repair applies a series of automated repair actions to resolve common errors such as incorrect field justification or incorrect trailer record totals. The item viewer provides extended image functions including rotate, copy to clipboard, and export. Tiff tags can be examined for individual images and summarized for the entire x9 file. Predefined reports can be printed and saved in HTML format.
- AchValidator implements similar capabilities as described for X9Validator including validate, modify, repair, export, and merge.
- X9Assist builds on our validator product by adding support functions including make, generate, scrub, import, search/replace, print, clone, repackage, and compare. Using these tools, you can easily create new files from your MICR line use cases where the images are dynamically drawn from configurable check artwork and fonts. These tools allow you to build x9 test files without scanning or capturing a single item! X9Assist generates test files from your use cases, thus eliminating the need to test with your production data (which is always an issue with your Auditor staff). These support tools will dramatically improve your ability to create test files for your image capture and associated downstream applications.
- AchAssist implements similar capabilities as described for X9Assist including make, generate, scrib, import, search/replace, print, and compare.
X9Assist provides extensive capabilities to process image cash letter files that are in X9.37 or X9.100-187 formats (including the Universal Companion Document (UCD) specification). X9Assist supports these standard formats using predefined rule files, and can be easily customized to meet your specific x9 requirements. Customization is accomplished through XML based configuration files that allow definition of x9 records, fields, validation rules, maximum file sizes, and a variety of other options. In addition to x9 validation, X9Assist will provide tiff image editing that will include tiff validation per the X9.100-181 standards, image size edits, and group4 End of Facimile Block (EOFB) validation. Just like x9, you will be able to easily customize the tiff rules including endian formats, mandatory tags, required values, image sizes, and combined image sizes. We offer X9Validator and X9Assist Solution Packs for installation on up to five desktops. Our tools are typically used in groups such as development, testing, support, new customer on-boarding, and operations.
X9Assist Unlimited allows you to maximize your productivity by allowing you to install these x9 tools throughout your organization as needed.
X9SDK is our optional SDK (software development kit) which provides read/write access and a large number of other functions to x9 files at both the record and field level. A large number of classes are provided that provide extended functions which are associated with common x9 file processing tasks. X9SDK is targeted for those organizations that must develop their own applications around the x9 file standards. X9SDK is a proven toolkit that will allow you to quickly develop and test your specific application requirements.
X9Utilities provides high level functionality for x9 users who need to read, write, and validate x9 files but do not require the more extensive capabilities and complexities that are typically associated with using a full blown SDK. Why acquire and use more complex and expensive tools than you really need? If you need a very flexible solution to read, write, import, export, and validate x9 files, then X9Utilities is the best tool for the job at hand. The read/write functions within X9Utilities is designed with a simple CSV interface that minimizes your development requirements (both data and images). X9Utilities is a proven tool that does all of the complex work on your behalf. It uses our SDK and assumes all responsibility for field alignment and padding based on each x9 field definition, per the x9 standards. X9Utilities is full function, easy to use, includes our standard support, leverages our SDK, and is very competitively priced when compared to other alternatives within the x9 marketplace.
Do you want to perform a more extended evaluation? Just contact us and we will issue a fully enabled license key for your sixty day evaluation.
Why consider X9Ware for your organization?
- Full function: our desktop application has an extensive list of capabilities that continue to be expanded based on user feedback.
- Common user interface: which is shared by our x9 and ach file support.
- High performance: we support the largest of files with very high performance.
- Flexibility: parameter driven and can be easily tailored to meet your specific file requirements and variants.
- Low Cost: we have a variety of licensing alternatives and we have targeted our products to be your lowest cost option regardless of the functionality level that you require.
X9Assist capabilities include:
- View x9 files including find, search and search/replace
- Validate x9 data and quickly focus on file and field level errors
- Validate TIFF images with full x9.100-181 and EOFB compliance
- Modify data at the field level with the ability to delete items and records by range
- Import/Export to csv and images
- Make/Generate x9 files from use cases that are defined in XLS or XLSX spreadsheets; test images are dynamically drawn and do not need to be captured
- Print images and IRDs
- Powerful tools including repair, scrub, merge, repackage, clone, compare, too light / too dark IQA, TIFF viewer, and HEX viewer
- Support for x9.37, x9.100-187, x9.100-180, and CPA 015
- Support for all common type 61 credit variants
- Support for the type 62 credit
- Display, modify, and create custom type 68 user records
- Open x9 files even when they are structurally flawed
We are interested in x9 consulting opportunities such as:
- X9 file creation based on our SDK Writer capabilities
- X9 validation implementations against variant specifications
- Partner relationships to implement x9 capabilities for your products
- SDK enhancements
- E13B micr line OCR implementations
- X9Utilities enhancements for automated batch operations
- X9 application based solutions for your environment
We would like to hear from you regarding your x9 image cash letter requirements. For those customers who license our X9Assist Unlimited product, we will implement generic enhancements which are applicable to the x9.37 community at large at no additional cost to you. Please let us know about your thoughts on X9Assist enhancements. Our goal is to make this the best tool it can be; your suggestions will guarantee we will make that happen.